1.4
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

Update by user Sep 18

Have not heard back form Delaware Fine Art Auction at all.

Original review posted by user Aug 19

On June 1st, 2017 I purchased 2 Warhol artworks at auction from Delaware Fine Art Auction.I purchased lot #112: Warhols t-shirt and lot#113: Warhols Coca-Cola Bottle.

Delaware Fine Art Auction details: 1148 Pulaski Hwy #316 Bear, DE 19701 P: (302) 501-6669 F: (302) 501-6660 Here are problems: 1.On May 23, 2017 I requested detailed provenance of 7 Warhols artworks that I intended to bid on from Delaware Fine Art Auction. After not receiving anything I called them on May 31 to asked again. They responded with a vague, very general, unspecific response, please see image called Provenence.png. Here is the response: The Warhol lots came from various private estates one which was a local estate.

Many of the works were acquired over the years through galleries, auction houses and dealers. We have also a Keith Haring drawing from Sotheby's in the auction from the same estate as many of the Warhol items in the sale. 2.I have written and called them over 8 times for more detailed Provenance for the 2 specific artworks lots#112 and Lot#113 that I purchased from them. I wanted more detailed, more specific Estate names, dates, etc.

Several times I was told that they will send me more stuff asap. However they never did. To this day August 19th I have not received specific provenance on my 2 lots. Please see images titled: asking for Provenance.png, asking for Provenance 2.png and asking for Provenance 3.png 3.The billed me $329 for shipping of both artworks lot#112 and lot#113.

The artworks were: one t-shirt and one glass 6.5 fluid oz, 1967 coca cola bottle. Total weight for both less than 2 LB. I asked them why the charge is so high, and was told repeatedly that the shipping department would get back to me and revise the charges. To this day after several calls and e-mails no one has gotten back to me about the overcharges.

To find out how much the shipping charges should have been I created a shipping label on USPS of the same Priority box and same weight and the charge should have been less than $20. Please see image titled: how much the shipping should have been.png 4.After I made the purchase I learned that they do not accept Credit Cards for the purchases even though that is not stated on the site where I found out about the auction. I send them a check for the coca cola bottle, lot#113 on June 7, please see image titled: sent_check.png. They got the check on June 14th, please see image titled: got-check.png.

I asked that they send each artwork individually asap. A check for the Warhol T-shirt, lot #112 I sent them on June 10th, with 2-day priority USPS mail. They did not cash that check until June 22. The did not ship my artworks until June27th please see image titled: date-shipped.png 5.Somewhere in July I noticed that their phone number became unavailable to me from my home phone.

If appeared as though the number is disconnected or not available from my area. I tried to call them from my cell phone and the phone number worked and I was able to speak to some one about the above issues. I was reassured that they will deliver all the requested by me information. Of course that never happened to this day.

After I called again after a few days from my cell phone number again I go the same message saying that my phone can not reach this number from my calling area. I came to a conclusion that they blocked my both of my phones lines!

I really tied my best to resolve this simple problem with them, bu I am hitting great wall of resistance.Sincerely,

Review about: Delaware Fine Art Auction Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: full, details provence for both lot#112 and lot#113, and a $300 refund for the shipping charges. Also, not banning me from participating in future auctions..

I liked: Art for sale.

I didn't like: Consumer services, Undelivered provenance information to me, Unresponsive attitude, Discrimination against me, Shipping charges.

Had an Experience with Delaware Fine Art Auction?

Comments